Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Working Girl, Pt. I

Well, as of Monday I'm officially a working girl. I'm going to make this entry pretty short because I have to wake up REALLY early in the morning. I have to leave about 1h20 before I'm supposed to be at work. Back home, I could leave 10 minutes before I had to be at work! This will certainly take some getting used to, but I'm loving my living arrangement, so it's all worth it. Just in case anyone didn't know, I'm living with my cousin, his wife, and their 18-month-old little boy, Noah. He's quite the fun kid to be around. He does this thing where he leans forward on the couch and then slams his back into the back cushions. Last night, he decided to do it as I was leaning behind him to look at something Ryan was showing us, and the back of his head slammed into my nose. LOUD noise and quite painful at first, but it didn't hurt long and luckily it's not swollen or bruised enough to be noticeable.

Anyway, back to work. I drive about 20 minutes to the DART station in Garland, and then I ride the train (it's a 27 minute ride) and get off about two minutes from my office. The routine itself shouldn't be bad normally. It was yesterday and today because of this bizarre ice storm that hit. It was freezing! Anyway, the routine should be fine...it's just having to leave so early that is hard to handle!

Okay, I have to go to bed now so I can wake up on time in the morning. I actually overslept this morning. I did well yesterday, but I'm not sure what happened today. I may have mis-set my alarm or hit the "off" button instead of the "snooze" button, which I do often. Kyle (my cousin) is going to make sure I'm up tomorrow. It's a good thing I'm living with Kyle and Ryan (my surrogate father and mother)until I get used to this!

I'll post tomorrow night about my experiences so far at KPMG.

No comments: