Thursday, May 26, 2005

Central Park, Fifth Avenue, and David Letterman

Yesterday (Wednesday), I met Andrea and another girl from NYU named Jessica. It was sooooo cold. But that didn't stop us. We walked through Central Park, then down Fifth Avenue. We saw the new F.A.O. Schwartz (and the $10,000 giraffe that Uma Thurman had just bought), Trump Tower, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's, and Bergdorf Goodman's. We also saw Carnegie Hall (photo above). Then we went over to the Ed Sullivan Theater to see what was going on at Letterman (because Alexis Bledel was going to be on the show, and we were hoping to see her arrive or something stupid like that). But, apparently, yesterday was the first day of the Memorial Weekend haitus and the show was pre-taped. Oh well. I watched to show last night and the interview wasn't that great. But, around the corner was the Hello Deli, and Rupert was inside! So we did get a little Letterman experience. And they were also filming something for a segment on the show. There was a homeless guy, a gurney, and two guys sitting, eating lunch, and filling their glasses with gasoline. So, if you watch "The Late Show" and see something like that, we were there! Then it started to RAIN! Anyway, wet and disappointed that we didn't get to see a Gilmore Girl, we headed back to the Port Authority to catch our trains back to NYU and Columbia when we saw this:


Gilmore Girls Posted by Hello
So, we did get to see the Gilmore Girls! Sort of.

Okay, that's all. Today I didn't really do anything. I slept in because I was tired. Then I read some more for my finance class. I also looked over some of my IB stuff for Tech so I can decide what I'm going to do about that. I think I've figured it out, though. It was still cold.....but I finally have a room phone that works!

Oh! I saw an actress today! On the subway! It was Maggie Gyllenhaal (sister to Jake). At first I thought, no that can't be her...famous people don't ride the subway. But then I thought, I bet Maggie Gyllenhaal rides the subway...she does mostly indie stuff and she's a New Yorker (went to Columbia). She also is the one who just took a lot of heat for saying that America partly deserved what happened on September 11. Oh well.

No comments: