Sunday, June 05, 2005

I'm terrible at this...

Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a long time. I tried to the other night, but then my internet stopped working and I just forgot about it. Besides, there's not a whole lot to report. Y'all are all lucky I'm coming back early because there's no way I could keep up with this thing through the middle of August. I thought I could do it because I did it in Grenoble, but here there isn't the language barrier to make for interesting stories, 13 other people in the same situation to make for interesting stories, an internet cafe where we all happen to run into each other after class each day, a never-ending supply of sardines (which, fortunately, I was able to avoid eating but it's still disgusting), excursions, a huge host family to make for interesting stories, or late night tram chases. So really, all I can do is update with what I did each day, and it's hard to find the motivation to do that at the end of the day. But I'll try to do at least that every other day or so...so long as the pressure of making it really interesting is taken away.

So, since I last updated, I've attended a service at Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church, which was so similar to a service at Second B, except they had a huge organ. It was so nice to hear an organ again! I love the organ. I've walked about 7 or 8 miles in one day. I've gone to dinner with some other summer students from NYU and Andrea and Jessica then to see "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" at the Loew's Lincoln Square...it was great. And I've seen the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, the New York Public Library, and Grand Central Station.

That's pretty much it. Pictures? Maybe a couple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update....nice to hear from you again! So what's this about you coming back early? Your mom told Anjali today that I needed to go to church again! I've not been very regular lately!

Geez, you're walking more than we did in Paris! I'd have a heart attack.

Take care,
Michelle

Nominal Me said...

Ever go back to Fifth Avenue?