Saturday, June 17, 2006

Texaly.

Sorry. I realize I still haven't fixed the pictures. I thought I'd get a chance in Vienna, but Shutterfly wasn't cooperating. And to fix them here in Prague would involve interacting with people with whom I don't care to interact. But I'm heading off for Italy tomorrow for 8 days, and I will try (once again) to get some Pope pictures on here, as well as some from Vienna and whatever I take in Italy. If it doesn't happen, though, just be patient because I'll be back in Texas in 10 days and will get it all straightened out there.

So most everyone has a general idea of what I've put up with this past month here in Prague. If not, ask my mom for a quick summary or ask me when I return. I don't feel like typing it all out. In summary, though, it's stupid students and a horrible roommate. Because of this horrible roommate (who was also my original travel companion), all of my travel plans were ruined. We've scrambled over the past few weeks to make alternate arrangements, and luckily, everything has worked out quite well. Better than we could have expected. It's a good thing we know people living and traveling in Europe. And it's a good thing that they are my type of people.

So here's the plan from here on out: I head to Rome tomorrow, where I will meet up with two girls from Texas (one of them will be renting our apartment in the fall). Monday morning, I am going to go with them to Sorrento where we will spend three days and see Naples, Pompeii, Capri, Positano, and the Amalfi Coast. I visited Sorrento, Pompeii, and saw the Amalfi Coast a few years ago and am really looking forward to going back and seeing a few new places in the region as well. Then, on Thursday, I will go back to Rome where I will spend some time with some other friends from Texas (a girl who is studying in Rome and her mother) as well as our tour manager friend who has proven in the past week that she is a tourism genius and the greatest Italian ever (other than Christopher Columbus, obviously, because, well, he discovered my country so I think I kind of owe him a small shout out...even if it was by accident). Then I'll come back to Prague on Sunday evening, spend Monday here picking up my suitcase from Dr. Masselli's and repacking before I finally return to good ole Texas on Tuesday. I'll spend Tuesday night with a friend in Houston and my favorite kid in world, and then I'll fly HOME on Wednesday morning. Home. I can't wait. It's unfortunate that the study abroad friends that I loved from Grenoble live so far away and I'll probably never see them again, yet, I'll probably run into some of these idiots in the B.A. several times next semester. At least it's only a semester, and then I'm out of Tech forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Egads! Sorry I haven't posted like I hoped to....busy summer! I'm catching up on your posts, sounds like you've had a very "interesting" experience in Prague. I can't even begin to picture you among drunks and idiots!!! But you've made it this far, you'll soon be home, and you can say you did it! And you saw the Pope! (Don't think that these Catholic experiences means you can leave 2nd B!!!) Other than the pic of your room, I haven't seen any of them, so I can't wait to see them all when you get home.
We leave the 28th for a week, so let's try to do lunch and you can give me details! Have you uncovered any of the "trush" yet? LOL
Tell Carlotta hello for us!
Love ya toots.....Michelle